Green raisins are a dried fruit obtained from dried grapes. They are green without seeds and dry in the sun. There are different types of raisins and they are classified in the category of nuts or dried fruits. These nuts vary depending on the type of grape fruit. In Iran, grape products are produced and cultivated in different ways and in every region of Iran, there are different types of grapes with different cultivation methods. There are also large wholesalers that offer this product to buyers.
Everything about Green Raisins
- Raisins are rich in iron, thus they prevent iron deficiency, anemia, and help in making red blood cells. They provide fiber which helps in digestion. They have good calcium content which is required for bones and helps to prevent osteoporosis.
- Green raisins are juicy and tender. These sun- soaked gems are a good source of natural sugars, iron and B vitamins. Raisins look very simple and unpalatable with their aged appearance and dry texture, but they are one of nature’s healthiest alternatives to those sugar rich manufactured candies and sweet products. Raisins contains fibers that start to swell in the presence of water.
- Persian Green Raisin make a great addition to your snack mix. These are perfect in pies, muffins, cookies, cakes, granola bars, cereals and much more. Other uses of this ingredient includes in pilafs such as Persian Sweet rice or shirin polo. Green Raisins have high levels of catechins, which are polyphenol antioxidants in the blood. The active ingredient, Catechins, are associated with a variety of health benefits, including the maintenance of cardiovascular health, the reduction of cancer risk and weight loss.
- The green color of this raisin, in fresh and high quality, is light green and its size is soft and fleshy. Green raisins are a bit darker if left over, and the flesh is a bit dryer. Green raisins also vary widely depending on the type of grape, as the raisins are marketed mainly in bulk or in packed, with the addition of some additives to make storage easier. In Iran, many cities and regions plant grapes or vine trees, but green raisins, which have the highest quality of all other hair, can be harvested in Kashmar city in Iran.
- Kashmar grapes are very good and raisins are the best type of green raisins in the Iranian market and in many world markets. High quality green raisins are produced from the so-called seedless grapes of the family of vitaceae. The grapes of this vine tree are dried after harvest according to the type of product, size and health of the fruit under certain conditions and standard and produce green raisins. In fact, each grape seed contains substances such as water, sugar, various vitamins, mineral salts, organic acids, nitrogenous substances, aromatic substances, tartaric acid, malic acid, sucrose, glucose, fructose, pigment, pectin, tannin and so on.
- The potassium and magnesium levels in green raisins help the body flush out toxins and harmful fluids from the body. They balance out the pH levels in the body which helps decrease the toxicity of the blood and the harmful gases that might cause many internal problems.
What is the Difference Between Green Raisins and Golden Raisins?
Golden raisins, which are a bright golden color, are made from the same green grapes as regular brown-colored seedless raisins, but are processed with sulfur dioxide in a dehydrator instead of being dried in the sun. Similar to natural seedless raisins, these are also obtained from Thompson or golden Seedless grapes but are oven-dried to avoid the darkening impact of sunlight. Some “golden raisins” sold labeled as such have been treated with sulfur dioxide gas to avoid darkening throughout the drying process. They are fruity and tangy, with less caramel or toffee flavor traits than black raisins. Golden raisins benefits are numerous such as providing enough calories for body and immune system. Golden raisins price is a little above others because of the discoloration process.
In contrast, about green raisins, despite their small size, raisins are packed with energy and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Raisins are naturally sweet and high in sugar and calories, but they’re beneficial to our health when eaten in moderation. In fact, raisins can aid digestion, boost iron levels, and keep your bones strong. About 95 percent of all raisins in production (including Sun-Maid’s) are made with a variety of grape called the Thompson Seedless, which is a very light green color as opposed to yellow raisins. (other popular raisin grapes include the Selma Pete and Flame, which are light green as well).
Differences between Green Raisins and Black Raisins
The most common type of raisins which can be made from grapes of any skin color, their final brown to black raisins obtained as they dry. The higher the heat and the more direct the sunlight, the darker the raisin and the more caramelized its flavor. In contrast, green raisins are slim, from 2 to 3 cm long. They are originated and produced across the Middle East and Central Asia. Slightly dense and chewy, with a light tartness reminiscent of green grapes. They are usually dried in well aired but dark indoor conditions, which protect their pale jade hue, nowadays sometimes improved by sulfur dioxide. Black raisins benefits are including boosting immune system and energy and so on.
Overall, Regular natural seedless grapes, golden grapes, and zante currants are all similar nutritionally. The main difference is that zante currants are slightly lower in calories than regular seedless and golden raisins. One-fourth cup of regular seedless or golden raisins contains 130 calories, but one-fourth cup of zante currants provides just 120 calories. These three varieties of grapes all contain about 29 grams of sugar — and are good sources of fiber, potassium and iron. While golden raisins are treated with sulfur dioxide, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration generally recognizes this substance as safe.
Vintage Green Raisins Wholesale Price
Choose soft raisins over dry ones. In case of packed raisins, check the expiry and manufacturing dates. Our company provides its customers fresh lots of these dried green raisins coming from Iran and abroad. High grade green raisins are a frequent selling item since decades now. Due to their versatile application, dry green raisins are used in almost every worldwide household.
Here are some shopping tips to help you: • Online shopping through raisins sites • Traditional purchases through dried raisins dealers • Direct purchase through dried raisins factories