Sweet raisins are a type of grape that has been dried for about three weeks. The grapes darken as they dry, giving the raisins a dark brown color. A wide variety of grapes are used to make raisins. The size, taste and color depend on the type of grapes used. Today, these dried fruits are produced and consumed all over the world because they are widely used both raw and cooked. The export of sweet raisins is booming because it can be considered as the main base of most desserts.
7 Reasons to Eat Sweet Raisins during Pregnancy
- Helps in weight loss: Raisins are full of natural sugars and can help the body to control its cravings without adding to the calories intake. Thus, it can help you to support your weight loss goals and will make you feel full for a longer time. The natural fructose and glucose present in raisins help in providing a high amount of energy. If eaten in moderation, they help prevent weakness and weight gain as well.
- Can help cure anemia: Raisins are power-packed with nutrients. They have a high amount of iron and B-complex vitamins in them which can cure anemia. Also, the copper present in raisins helps in the production of red blood cells.
- Aids digestion: Raisins are loaded with fiber. Hence, they act as natural laxatives when you soak them in water. Thus, eating soaked raisins can help in constipation and regulating the bowel movements. This will result in a better digestive system. Just one ounce of raisins contains 1 gram of fiber, which is pretty impressive for a relatively small amount. (You want to aim to get between 25 grams and 28 grams a day). Like protein, the fiber also helps prevent the dried fruit’s abundant natural sugars from having such a strong effect on your blood sugar levels.
- Helps manage blood pressure: Raisins are rich in potassium which can help you to balance the salt content in your body and thus, regulate your blood pressure. They are also a good source of antioxidant dietary fiber that may favorably alter the biochemistry of blood vessels, causing them to be less stiff, which in turn, may reduce blood pressure.
- Good for bone health: Boron is vital for bone formation and is present in large quantities in raisins. They also contain a high amount of calcium and are rich in micro-nutrients. Having soaked raisins every day helps in keeping the bones healthy and strong. Raisins also contain small amounts of calcium, which can support bone health. (You want to aim to get between 1,000 milligrams and 1,200 milligrams of calcium a day.)
- Prevents bad breath and hair loss: Raisins have many antibacterial properties. These antibacterial properties help in maintaining oral hygiene and get rid of mouth odor. Raisins are rich in iron, a nutrient that is required for maintaining the health of the hair. So the deficiency in iron can cause a dull and lifeless mane and severe hair loss. Because iron improves the blood circulation in the body and stimulates the hair follicle cells so raisins benefits for hair.
- Boosts immunity: Raisins are rich in vitamin B and C. These vitamins help strengthen immunity and thus, making the body less susceptible to infections. Moreover, the anti-inflammatory properties and the antibacterial properties of raisins save you from fevers, infections, and many types of illness.
What are Benefits of Soaked Raisins?
Rinse 15-30 raisins in running water and add them to a cup of drinking water. Let them soak overnight and eat them the next morning on an empty stomach. Benefits are:
Detoxifies the Body: Apart from soaking raisins in water, one can also make raisin detox water by soaking 150 grams of raisins in two cups of water. The following morning, you can strain out the water and drink it on an empty stomach. This routine flushes out all the harmful toxins from the body and improves the biochemical processes of the liver. It will also cleanse your blood. However, do this only with organic raisins as non-organic raisin may introduce chemicals into the detoxifying drink.
Regulates Blood Pressure: Raisins are a rich source of potassium. Potassium can counter the effects of sodium, which otherwise increases the blood pressure. Hence, the balance of salts helps in maintaining the blood pressure in a healthy range.
Supports Digestive Health: Raisin benefits the digestive system by supplying a good amount of dietary fibers. Upon soaking them, the soluble fibers already form the gel-like substance that will slow down the digestive processes. They also have a mild laxative effect, which will help relieve constipation.
Strengthens Immune System: Raisins are rich in vitamins B and C and are also loaded with antioxidants. As a result, they can strengthen your body’s natural immune response. The bio-flavonoids present in Raisin also protect the body from infections
Frequently Asked Questions about Raisins
What is the difference between Dark and Golden raisins? Unlike dark raisins, golden raisins aren’t dried in the sun but in large dehydrators at controlled temperatures, with controlled moisture levels. Golden raisins are also treated with antioxidant sulfur dioxide, which is usually used for both its health properties and as a preservative in white wine and dried fruit.
Can people be allergic to Raisins? Raisins are a good dried fruit, but you can’t enjoy it if you are allergic to it in the past. Raisins are not often referred to as allergic foods. But, if you have a mold allergy, after eating it, you can experience raisins allergy symptoms.
Are raisins good for pregnant women? There is no definite evidence that shows raisins should not be consumed during pregnancy. They are full of nutrients that can be great for both the mother and the baby.
Are Raisins diabetic fruits? According to experts, the high fiber content of raisins can be beneficial for people with diabetes too. It’s okay to consume 10 raisins per day for diabetics as long as they exercise and maintain a healthy diet.
Sweet Raisins Biggest Supplier
We offer best quality dry raisins in our center. Our company will supply you best organic dry raisins that our clients will need just try our experience in supplying high quality raisins. Our product has significant health advantages over natural products. Our company provides high quality raisins from valuable trees in the Middle East. Our specialists will help you easily get the raisins you need in your desired packaging with the suitable price. To get more information about this, you can contact us.